Sunscreen also known as sunblock, suntan cream, is a cream, lotion or in another form that is made up of several ingredients that help prevent the sun’s ultraviolet rays from reaching the skin. There are two types of ultraviolet radiation UVA, UVB they damage the skin, cause ageing prematurely and can lead to skin cancer also.
SPF stands for Sun Protected Factor refers to the amount of time you can stay in the sun without getting sunburn. Don’t fall for high SPF labels. Buy SPFs between 15 to 50+.
If you have hypersensitive skin, then you know the problems in finding the sunscreen that doesn’t turn your face in itchy, rashes. Generally, people jump on SPF to protect yourself from dangerous UV exposer that can lead to skin cancer, dark spots and other signs of ageing. People with sensitive skin in particular, it’s disappointing when sunscreen has the opposite effect, causing irritation or redness rather than protecting.
The application of sunscreen should not be restricted to summers only. The need for protecting your skin from the harsh rays of the sun is essential for 365 days a year. People apply sunscreen only on their face they miss spots like ears, scalp, and lips.
Avoiding sunscreen can lead to many problems.
Does your sunscreen actually protect you from Sun exposer? Does it contain ingredients that may cause the problem to your hormones? Some sunscreen prevents sunburn but not other types of skin damage.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR SUNSCREEN INGREDIENTS
When oxybenzone absorbed by your skin it can cause eczema like an allergic reaction to your skin. Dermatologist also suspect that it disrupts the hormones.
it is generally used in conjunction with photo-stabilizers, there is a greater risk for skin irritation and low-level toxicity. Dermatologist believes it to be just as harmful as PABA.
This chemical causes skin irritation and redness.
It causes acne problem and skin irritation. This chemical cause changes in the deep layers of the skin.
When this chemical absorb into our skin it disrupts the hormones
This actually lead to premature ageing as it produces menacing free radicals that can damage skin and cells.
TOP RATED SUNSCREEN APPROVED BY DERMATOLOGIST FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
1. BADGE SPF30 UNSCENTED SUNSCREEN CREAM
- Made with organic and skin-soothing Sunflower oil, Beeswax, Seabuckthorn and Vitamin E.
- Non-GMO certified by NSF to NSF Non-GMO True North.
- Safely blocks the sun’s harmful rays with non-nano mineral Zinc Oxide
- Broad spectrum protection from UVA & UVB rays using the safe mineral Zinc Oxide.
- Water and sweat resistant for at least 40 minutes
2. EltaMD UV PHYSICAL BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 41 SUNSCREEN
- Ideal for free radical damage
- Oil-free and Paraben-free
- Good for oily skin, sensitive skin.
- Water resistant upto40 minutes
- Fragrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free, chemical-free and noncomedogenic.
3. CeraVe FACE LOTION SPF 50
- Water-resistant upto80 minutes
- Its lightweight formula that spreads easily and dries with a clear finish even on the most sensitive skin
- Ideal for all skin types
- Formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) help to restore the protective skin barrier.
4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Ultra Fluid Sunscreen.
- With Cell-Ox Shield™ antioxidant technology
- Light tinted sunscreen, fast absorbing, weightless texture, matte finish
- SPF 50 tinted sunscreen for face, suitable for sensitive skin
- Water resistant (40 minutes)
5. Vanicream Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin, SPF 40.
- No chemicals, dyes, and fragrances that irritate the skin
- Specially formulated for sensitive skin
- Free from Lanolin, parabens, and preservatives.