Many things impact your choice of nail color including the seasons, trends, your mood. Some people say that the lipstick shades that look great on your lips will also be the right color for your fingernails. While many of us match our nail polish colors to our outfit. The colors that actually look the best are the ones that go with our skin tone.
Nail polish is an accessory that makes a great statement about your personality. Choosing the right nail color for your skin tone is essential. The choice of color of your nail polish completely changes the way your hands look. Some colors look good on the olive skin, while others work best for tan, light and medium skin tones.
If you are looking for a perfect nail polish color for you, Here is a Visual Guide on the Right Nail Colors to Help You Out.
HOW TO CHOOSE NAIL POLISH COLORS FOR DIFFERENT SKIN TONES
We are not saying that you should stick to the certain set of colors to complement your look. However, some specific colors help you flaunt your look. Choosing the right shade make your hands look younger.
Olive To Medium Skin Tone
Your complexion can carry off almost any nail polish shade. You can try from classic red to dark burgundy, wines, blues, purples, pink and nude shades.
Tan Skin Tone
Dark complexion suit rich and Vibrant shades the best. You can wear shades like burgundy, purple, red, plum, a poppy blue, orange. You can also wear fabulous neon brights.l would say that metallic colors add beautiful contrast people with dark skin tones.
Light Skin Tones
Lighter skin tones are generally cool, so lighter shades with pink, blue, pastels and peaches work best.
Nail Polish Colors For Olive or Medium Skin Tones
1. O.P.I SHINE NAIL POLISH IN STICK TO YOUR BURGUNDIES
- Endless shine in a three-step system which provides up to 11 days of wear and gel-like shine.
- It gives you a non-transparent finish.
- It’s easy to apply and gives you a professional like finish.
2. SALLY HANSEN MIRACLE GEL IN TINDAL WAVE
- This is a very loud color has a creamy texture.
- Long wearing and doesn’t chip off.
- Its brush gives you a long thin line with an opaque finish.
3. CHINA GLAZE IN SUN OF A PEACH
- China Glaze nail color contains china clay as a nail hardener.
- Its professional 220-strand brush provides an easy application.
- Long-wearing nail lacquer is an oil base.
4. DEBORAH LIPPMANN IN PEACHES & CREAM
- This pink leaning peach shade leaves a sparkling glow across the nails.
- Instantly slides on and long-lasting wear.
- Allowing for a smooth application, vibrant color intensity, and a perfect finish.
Nail Polish Colors For Tan Skin Tones
1. NARS IKIRU
- This sky blue nail polish from NARS has high gloss finish for a freshly painted look that lasts.
- Extended wear.
- Provides pure color perfection.
2. ESSIE NAIL POLISH IN GOOD AS GOLD
- Provides flawless coverage with outstanding durability.
- Its single coat application is enough for outstanding durability.
- High, Glossy shine finish
3. REVLON CORE NAIL IN TANGERINE
- This orange pooping nail color is bright and creamy with a precise hint of shimmer.
- It has a good brush that is easy to apply and dries fast.
- Two coats will leave you with a pigmented color.
4. O.P.I NAIL LACQUER MACHU PEACH-U
- A soft peach nail polish formula that refreshes quality nail color.
- Your nails will look peach in this soft color.
- Up to 7 days of wear.
Nail Polish Colors For Light Skin Tones
1. BUTTER LONDON IN COME TO BED RED
- Butter London neutral red is a thicker formula but it dries fast.
- Easy application with outstanding unique brush shape.
- Two coats will leave you with irresistible color.
- Stay up to 5-6 days.
2. M.A.C IN COFFEE BREAK
- M.A.C coffee break with a warm taupe cream finish nail polish is perfect for people with light skin tone.
- Comes with a thick formula with easy application.
3. ESSIE CUTE AS A BUTTON
- Essie cute as a button is a coral pink cream polish.
- It is fresh soft and is a good option for beach holidays/summers.
- Dries quickly and long-lasting.
4. JIN SOON IN DOOLY PINK
- JIN SOON IN ‘Dolly Pink’ is a retro blush pink shade that complements light skin tones very well and is named after Amanda Murphy, the famous model from America.
- Chip-proof finish.
- Rapid drying time.
- Long lasting.